• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, August 31, 2006

    Trackworks @ Queenstown

    The turnout is lesser compared to the last trackworks.. we did our usual warm up run to Queenstown stadium.. took abt 26mins to reach the stadium.. Colleen asked me abt my run on sun.. quite a no din know abt my uncompleted race.. she did her PB for AHM :D Congrats! I'm sure she will be able to do better in her next race as she mentioned tt she felt her physical is not as good as last yr but did a better timing instead hehe so good! :D

    Dear briefed us on today's session.. will be 1 set of 1.6km n 4 sets of 800m...

    1.6km -- 7:18:1
    1st lap - 1:52:3
    2nd lap - 1:50:4
    3rd lap - 1:47:1
    4th lap - 1:48:3

    After this set, as usual i was panting quite hard.. Colleen asked me if my speed improved or is it her speed decreased compared to the past? the oni answer in my mind is i can oni endure for a short distance.. if the distance is longer, think i wun be able to run in this speed.. but she highlights to me tt i took longer time to recover.. which is quite true.. recovery taken between each set shld be able to gauge e physical level.. Dear mentioned to me tt I might be doing the wrong training as I shldn't be panting so hard.. meaning my physical is still not up to run tt speed..

    1st set 800m -- 3:30:2
    1st lap - 1:44:2
    2nd lap - 1:45:2

    2nd set 400m -- 1:39:6

    3rd set 800m -- 3:27:3
    1st lap - 1:43:2
    2nd lap - 1:44:1

    4th set 400m -- 1:48:4
    Dear ran next to me after the 300m pt.. i felt my breathing was hard.. and my tempo was off.. so Dear asked me to stop just when we finished 1st 400m..

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home