• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, August 27, 2006

    Sheares Bridge Run/Army Half-Marathon 2006

    I was feeling terrible for the past few days.. dear tot might be due to my anxiety for the race.. We got up early today as the start time is 5.30am... I took a salt tablet, Banana Blitz Gu gel and half cup of 100 plus before my lovely mum fetched us to the starting pt.. We met up with Chase n some other officials at SRC.. Cm, Enghwa, Goola n Roonie also turned up shortly... They will be running with the MP today.. Roonie, Dear n me went off to the start pt n took some nice pics with the whole bunch of Safra runners.. TP, Tamp n MF.. =)



    We saw Uncle Chan n Adrian too! Haven't seen them for ages.. so glad to see them there and have a nice catchup with them b4 the start.. dear n ricci moved up closer to the start pt.. kumaran arrived just shortly b4 5.30am with his boss Philip.. n the 1st phase he said is.. "Where's derrick!!" hahaha.. his rabbit for today..

    Soon the race started... it took us abt 2-3mins before we managed to cross the start pt.. it was really super crowded.. Wong, Adam, PS and I were running together.. but we lost sight of one another after 1km.. the bottle neck exit from Marina to ECP was really terrible.. everyone was running on the spot/walking to squeeze thru the single lane..

    It was easy for me to go up the sheares bridge.. My stomach started to give me problems as I headed towards fort rd.. the cramps comes and goes.. i tried to divert the pain n refocus on the run. but the cramps were getting worse after the U turn.. n I slowed down my pace.. i endured until nicoll highway when i knew i just can't run anymore.. as my pace was reduced to walking speed and i had to grasp on my stomach. i kept to the extreme left lane so I wun block the other runners.. Enghwa, Goola, Yean, Andre and some stopped/ran by to asked if i am ok.. thanks! but really felt the agony tt I can't complete the race.. the distance marker display 13km.. it's so near yet so far.. i walked back disheartening to the finishing pt.. it's my 1st time to uncomplete a race.. Uncle Lim joined me at suntec part as he was suffering from his knee problem.. hope he get well soon as it had tagged him for sometime.

    I saw Dear, Roonie, Ricci, Elaine and many of our runners at the finishing pt.. he did great today! very happy for him to break his PB.. =)

    As i pen down the race I felt I was hitten badly this time due to my health conditions... just not good enuff.. must try harder the next time..

    4 Comments:

    • At 10:50 AM, Blogger weishan said…

      gal,

      i do feel for you. don't be disheartened because u are totally capable running very good races. please rest well and keep your chin up. let your body recover first, please do not wreck it. and soon, you will be strong enough to beat your sub2 timing!

       
    • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Jaime said…

      hi gal,

      thanks for the encouragement! =) gonna rest n condition well b4 standing at the start pt again.. once beaten twice shy.. dun wanna face it again.. very demoralising..

       
    • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Dear,

      Not to worry. I believe in your ability. We can train all over again. I also did badly in HK but it spured me on.

       
    • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Jaime said…

      Dear,

      Thanks for the faith in me :D Ganebette ne! :D

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home