• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, August 17, 2006

    Buona Vista

    As usual we gathered at the lobby n Dear briefed us on today's route. We will be running Club-Deport Rd-Alexandra-Portsdown-Bouna Vista-Commonwealth-Queenstown-Alexandra-Depot RD-Club. My breathing was heavy.. I was panting from the start to Queensway.. I slowed down my pace as I ran in to Portsdown.. trying to recover..

    Once out to Buona Vista mrt, I increased my pace slightly... as I passed Dennis at Commonwealth, I sped up.. cos scare tt he will stick close to me.. We stopped at the Queenstown traffic junction and saw a familiar figure at the opposite side.. It's Jimmy! haha he was doing his own run.. and told us tt he saw Derrick earlier on.. we talked abt my wedding preps n my breathing started to get heavy again.. soon we reached his home and I cont'd on towards Alexandra..

    I started to feel weak n tired as I ran towards the Queensway SC.. managed to crossed the QWSC junction in time.. Adam, PS, Wong, Thomas, Leh Lio were also there. I had a few bad coughout and crossed the 2nd traffic.. something seems to be wrong as I past the OCBC bank.. my head was spinning n I felt very giddy. could feel the lack of blood flow.. and my head was like very empty... I quickly stopped and pinch my temple n pressed down hard above my upper lips.. continuing pressing both areas as I walked past the overhead bridge.. I tried to run on.. but I can't n stop after 50m... Cm n Yean came by.. Cm asked me wat happened n suggested tt we take a cab back.. I told Cm it's ok.. I needed to recover 1st.. maybe can run back after a while.. he dun allow.. scared tt I will faint midway.. we slowly walked towards Depot rd n Uncle Lim also joined us... he was suffering from leg pain.. Cm saw a cab coming out of Gillman's place n quickly hopped in.. hahaha.. his action very fast.. quite paisei tt we had to take a cab back cos it just 2km away.. I still feel weak after the run.. really hope I will be fit enuff to do my AHM.. :(

    8 Comments:

    • At 10:11 AM, Blogger The DreamRunner said…

      the air was quite bad, and I think it might have affected you... I felt very exhausted by the bad air and fumes coming from the cars too..

      Take some rest, and you should be good for AHM..:)

       
    • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Jaime said…

      Thanks! think gonna eat some tonic n rest well well for AHM next wk.. :)

       
    • At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      For my view, you had been constantly having the giddy state. You never do proper preparations before the run - what to eat/drink, warm-up etc.

      During the run, u will have to focus on yr run. Your mind instructs your muscles to start working or relaxing. Your mind orchestrates the perfect run, starting out slowly, finding the perfect tempo - the key word.

       
    • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Jaime said…

      yes Sir.. i will try it out in my next run n try to find my tempo.. :D

      hmm i guess i need to set another target to keep focus :D

       
    • At 12:20 AM, Blogger Renohtaram said…

      hope u can find ur tempo and have a good run during the AHM! see you there!

       
    • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Jaime said…

      thanks reno! :D yap will try to get the right tempo for AHM..

      how have u been long time no see! catchup w u this sun ;)

       
    • At 2:35 AM, Blogger "van Vliet" Art Blog said…

      Nice blog with attitude. Toughness takes training. My inspiration to run came from Heart of A Pagan, by Andrew Bernstien. While reading late at night I becan to run for the first time in my life. Read mor about it at this link if you are interested. http://www.andrewbernstein.net/books/hop.htm

      Good luck with your running. :)

       
    • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jaime said…

      Hi! Thanks for the recommendation! will chk out this inspiring book :D

      All the best to u too! =)

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home