• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, October 16, 2005

    Sentosa- Mt Faber

    Today is our long run to prepare for the coming marathon.. We ran along Henderson Rd towards Sentosa.. once inside we ran all the way into Satellite loop-Sentosa cove-Tanjong Beach-Palawan Beach and had our 1st water stop at Palawan Beach toilet.. and headed towards Siloso Beach where we met up with Cm, Adam, Rita, Andy and Andre... we stop for another short water break and i tried out my power gel which i gotten @ the Runner's Day.. strawberry and Banana flavour.. yummy :) We ran on another loop ard Sentosa.. back to Palawan beach and I took another small portion of the power gel and so far so good... i still dun feel tired.. I ran with Ong and his toe started to ache badly and he decided to stop for the day and took a bus back.. we saw cm at 7'elevens and he treated us a big bottle of 100plus and went ahead to catch up the rest of the group... I ran alone and managed to catch sight of Ong on the bus thrice at Underwater world, the Fountain and finally at the foot of Mt faber... the weather was cloudy and I had my fuel belt to keep me hydrated... On my way up, i saw Derrick, Anthony and teck hou finishing their loop at MF.. and they cheered me on :) I ran up the peak and met up with Cm, Rita and Andy... they encouraged me to run back from henderson road.. but i decided to give tt a miss and went down by the stairs linked next to the club.. cos i could feel the pull at the back of my thigh.... Overall, it was a good run for me as i haven tried to run this long :D

    Distance covered: 26km __ Timing: 2:34:18

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home