• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, September 01, 2005

    13km Weekly Run

    After a long rest over the weekend, I went back to club today.. must do some mileage.. else wun be able to make it for the upcoming Mizuno and Sheares bridge... Today's route is Club-Portsdown-Dover-Canal-Commonwealth-Alexandra Rd-Depot Rd-Club.. 18km... But Ong advised against me for doing such a long distance as I am still recovering.. so I will do a 13km instead instead of turning left to Dover at the exit of Portsdown road, I will turn right towards Buona Vista Mrt and then commonwealth-Alexandra Rd-Depot Rd-Club...

    I did feel a slight pain as I ran... slightly limping.. i tried to adjust my leg to minimise the pain as I ran.. i managed to locked my leg at a certain pt and get used to the pain as I ran.. Soon I lost sight of the front runners at Portsdown, Wong and Lee were just ahead of me.. they were also doing the shorter route.. At the exit of Portsdown, I started to feel abit breathless.. tho I am not running very fast.. but I seem to have problem catching my breathe.. I keep saying Cho Cho Li... Cho Cho Li... to myself.. Soon I reached the junction of Buona Vista and saw Melvin waiting for the traffic.. He asked Wong if this was the right way to go to Canal.. Wong told him to do 18km have to turn left instead of right out of Portsdown.. so he joined us to do a shorter route.. Lee was already far ahead from us.. At each traffic junction I stopped, I managed to gain back some energy and ran abit faster.. but after a certain distance, my energy level went low and I slowed down... before the shell station at alexandra road, we caught up with Lee.. he was walking towards the station for water pt... we skipped the water pt and ran towards Queensway Shopping center.. this was the pt whereby i really got the urge to take a bus back to club.. i bought ezlink card with me today in case I couldn't make it back to the club.. so told Wong felt like taking a bus back.. he said reaching liao.. will reach club very soon.. hahaha idea being rejected...

    I kept thinking of the 100 plus at the vending machine... tt's was really a motivation to keep me gg.. halfway thru depot road.. i heard someone shouted for me.. i turned back and saw Uncle Chan.. he was gg home from work.. I told Wong at the start of the run we saw Auntie Chan.. at the end of the run, we saw Uncle Chan.. really very qiao =)

    Distance covered: 13km __ Timing : 1:27:08

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home