• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, December 17, 2006

    Sentosa LSD

    It's my 1st comeback after the marathon.. wualala.. it's been 2 wks!! since i last ran.. ok tt's wat happens.... 1st was the official 1 wk break from club.. hahah tt wk really fully rested without any run.. sounds great right? hmm read on... it was oni when i was hit by the ripping off of my 3rd left toe tt grounded me for another full wk doesn't make it sounds tt great anymore.. i couldn't even walk properly.. n was limping n groaning in pain all the way trying to get my balancing... glad i have recovered from it to make it for this LSD...

    We have a new runner, Bill(from HK) joining us today.. he is Zhengxu's colleague.. a guy whom asked me abt running while on my way to Harborfront... without much adew, Dear briefed us on today's route.. wong talked to me at the start of the run.. i was panting like crazy n trying so hard to catch my breath... woah! 2 wks of break was really no kid.. i went on very easily.. but was hit by a strain on my outer left knee as I ran towards the gateway... i reduced my pace even further.. Waifung was running with me.. i asked her to go ahead as i will be real slow.. haha she said tt her engine haven started as it was a Sun morning.. hahahha still in slp mode... saw Derrick followed by Jimmy chow (blowing multiple kisses to us.. hahahaha.. cfm tiffany style...) the pain start to get stronger as we ran out of sentosa cove.. i felt i was running with my right leg n dragging my left to move on.. arh here comes the slope b4 siloso beach! i limped all the way up with my right leg.. went on even slowly on the downslope.. tabuleh tahan.. i held on to the last lamp post of the slope n stretcchhh..... Waifung asked if i was ok.. told her abt the sharp pain on my outer knee.. she suspected it is ITB.. oh no! she offered me her additional bottle of Gatorade.. nice n cool! Thks alot! we proceeded towards Tanjiong Beach.. felt i shld complete the distance instead of snaking today.. just then we saw Micheal running out.. n i cheered to him "Steady Steady Pom Pi Pi".. Waifung laughed n accidentally stepped on a fruit.. n twisted her ankle.. i felt very bad abt it.. if i din make her laugh, she wun have sprained her old ankle injury.. so sorry.... soon Peter n Julie came along n we asked them to enjoy their run.. we decided to Uturn back and walk for a distance until Waifung is ok to cont'd.. we saw the rest taking a short break outside Siloso beach toilet... we started running.. my legs couldn't take it anymore when we reach the downslope driveway to the carpark.. n Waifung walked with me all the way from Siloso Beach to Viviocity before we took a bus back to club as it was getting quite late... tho din get a good workout.. but i had a great walk n chatting session with Waifung :) Thks for the company!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home