• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, December 21, 2006

    Queenstown Trackworks

    Doc Adrian joined us today! Surprise to see him when he called me! haven seen my emcee since my wedding :D He was here last tues, but I was not ard due to my toe injury.. Today is my 1st wkday run after the marathon.. hope my left knee will be able to take the training.. dear suspected i got ITB.. having problems moving down the stairs... really a killer for me to do tt now.. :( can't really bend my left knee... arh how come recently got so much injuries on my left leg.. ?????

    It has been a while since i last visited the tracks.. I chatted with Colleen along the way towards the stadium. glad tt i am still able to talk running with her easy pace.. she is getting real fast nowadays! with her PB at the marathon, her speed has been accelerating quite alot! She have passed her driving test in her 2nd attempt with oni 4 demerit pts!! Wow tt's great! Congrats!! Now she can start driving her car around :D

    By the time we reach the stadium, the sky was already dark. could feel the pain at my left knee. Without much delay, Dear briefed us on the intervals session.. 1 set of 1600m followed by 5 sets of 800m...

    1600m: 7:56:68
    1st Lap -- 2:00:53
    2nd Lap -- 1:58:71
    3rd Lap -- 1:59:81
    4th Lap -- 1:56:70

    1st set 400m: 1:51:43
    Could feel the pain at my left knee.. dun think i can take it doing 800m... dear ask me to do 400m instead...

    2nd set 400m: 1:38:17
    I was running beside derrick for the very 1st time during trackworks.. woah! i was thinking am i running too fast?? i just wanted to complete the lap so can rest more before the next set.. later then we knew tt derrick was also injured during his sun run.. tt's y he was more cautious today to prevent further agitation of his thigh...Doc went back after this set as he got something to attend to...

    3rd set 400m: 1:30:03
    I pushed hard for the remaining 400m sets.. felt better when i lifted up my leg.. din feel much of the strain.. think the continuous bending at my normal pace make me feel worse... saw PS n Wong at the grand stand.. they had just finished their recovery run to Portsdown..

    4th set 400m: 1:29:42

    5th set 400m: 1:32:53

    My left knee gave way after the 5th set.. n I had to walk all the way back to club.. just like my last sun LSD with Waifung.. Peter is very kind to company me all the way back to the club.. hahah we talked all the way non stop abt his Xmas gifts for Magaret n hobbies etc.. Thks for the great company! if not this 4km would be a very long journey back... we reached the club ard 9.30pm.. the rest had already taken their shower.. Ricci passed me a can of 100plus.. hahaha i was really thirsty after talking so much muahahahhaha :D

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home