• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, September 24, 2006

    Sentosa

    Had a hard time to get myself out of the bed today.. was busy doing my wedding cards yesdae until quite late.. my neck was feeling the strain after prolonged sitting n looking at one position..

    Today's route is Club-Henderson-Sentosa(NBR route)-MF(2 loops)-Morse Rd-Henderson-Club.. total distance is ard 22km.. We started at ard 7.30am.. i was running at the front initially.. but after the junction into Sentosa, my legs din really wanted to move and I felt very tired.. so i really went up the slope at my very easy pace after the gateway busstop.. as we head towards the diversion to Sentosa cove, i looked back n din see Peter.. tot he lost his way.. but i knew he ran the NBR.. so maybe he was at the opposite side of the road, I climbed up the flowers platform at the middle of the route and spotted him :D i cont'd my easy pace.. did feel like giving up n walk at times.. arh but cannot lei.. gonna hang on else how am i gg to complete my marathon.. i turned back at times to make sure i can see Peter.. derrick was also doing his relax pace.. saw him waiting for us at some pts.. i signalled to him no need to wait.. as i saw dear at the junction of tanjiong beach.. i ran up n told him Peter behind. i will skip the TJ beach.. meaning 2km lesser.. n head str to 7 eleven for my H2O.. i saw freddy n ronnie followed by ah huat as I enjoyed my drink outside 7 eleven.. Julie came n she suggested to rest for a while.. we went on towards siloso beach.. btu due to some construction works, part of the beach was blocked n we ran up a linkway into the carpark..

    I saw Colleen, Goola n enghwa went up a shortcut to the jungle trail.. and i also followed suit.. hehe .. PS n Wong did the usual way from Rasa sentosa.. they caught up shortly n went ahead to chase Enghwa, Goola.. haha.. still enjoying my easy pace run... until Dear came up from behind just after the jungle trail.. haha.. we split routes at the musical fountain.. he went str to the longer route to the gateway whileas i cut acrossed the fountain.. then i realised actually the rest also cut across from there hahaha.. cos this is the NBR ending route :P

    I waited for dear to come at the gateway n ran out of Sentosa bridge.. Freddy n Derrick came up too.. they went ahead to MF while we ran to Shell for a refreshing Pocari Sweat n walked back to club talking abt the coming NIE charity night run..

    Distance covered: 16km

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home