• The Cheery Runner

    Monday, September 25, 2006

    MF 10km run

    Dear n I we went for a 10km run ard MF.. I started off at a moderate pace and tried to maintain it throughout.. soon we reach Seah Im food center n cont'd on w/o stopping at the junction.. i tried to hold on to the pace as we went up kampong bahru. but the higher we went, my pace also slowed down gradually.. dear told me tt i was almost reduced to walking pace at certain parts of the steepest portion tho i felt i tried hard to moved my legs up the last stretch of the steep portion.. once we past the hilltop resturant, it's down slope all the way to Morse rd.. n i changed to free gear mode.. just let my legs run down naturally.. not gg to use addition energy to sped down the slope as it will only risk injuring my legs.. once out of morse road, i tried to increase my pace again.. tried to train on my flat grd pace.. at abt 200m from the finishing pt(TB way traffic junction), i tried to speed n finish it. but dear hold me back.. saying it's no pt doing it.. Oni Speed when we are at the tracks.. so i could feel the sudden change in my pace n just went on to complete normally..

    Dear was surprised by my timing as I did in 53mins! need to add abt 2mins as my 10km timing.. Best timing he had ever seen me did b4 after so many yrs for this route.. he could feel that i am getting faster n he actually sweats as he run with me.. saying tt he have to use effort to run with me hahaha.. but actually i already run in this pace when i always do this route during club wkly runs.. it will be good if i can use it for my marathon.. but i will have to do my 1st 10km in 1 hr.. 20km in 1hr06... 30km at 1hr 07.. and the last 12km i shld be able to come in abt 4hr 38min.. tt's abt 25 mins faster than my last yr timing!! really looking forward tt it works.. but i really need to get the rythm in my running and feel the pace to run in.. :D

    Distance covered: ~10km __ Timing: 53:07:02

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home