• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, November 13, 2005

    Longest Run I ever did so far!

    After a short briefing on the route by Ong, we started promptly at 7.15am... today route will be abt 40km... I forgot something impt today! My knee guard... was quite worried that I might give up halfway.. so I do it really slowly... CM noticed it when he saw me at the junction of the Seah Im Food Center... haha he said excuse to run shorter hor.. :p the start was quite uncomfortable for me... maybe due to psychological reasons?? hmm i just try not to let it bother me too much.. and ran on.. we bumped into mike's group and francis at the marina bay mrt.. and cm asked francis to join us for the long run...

    On our way into Marina, we saw a number of enthu runners who were racing against the time... heard from CM tt some are national runners.. we ran the actual route to the bowling center and saw our group having their water break.. they had rested for abt 5-8 mins and went off shortly as we took our break.. CM led me and Yuen through the construction from Marina which links to Clifford Pier.. haha short cut short cut.. we surprised the group when we arrived... we had another water break and cont'd towards esplanade... We ran past Marina Sq-Republic Blvd.. CM suggested we do the opposite route and U turn back once we met up the earlier grp... soon we reached the 2nd toilet and CM saw Yean, adam and Alan running back and he decided to join them.. Yuen and I cont'd on towards Kallang- PA.. when we past PA, Yuen suggested we do the actual route as the rest instead of u turning back when we met up with the front group... so we climbed up the stairs to Nicoll Highway then to Mt Batten road.. Yuen encouraged me along the way and make sure tt i am still ok.. haha.. we stopped for a drink at Mobil station and then towards Fort road...

    Yuen suggested to do another route instead of U turn back to the stadium... and we ran all the way into the condominiums from tanjiong rhu and then cross bridge to indoor stadium.. lucky i had my fuel belt with me to stay hydrated.. else i think i might have died of thirst halfway.. haha.. we went back to PA then Kallang and turned in to the SBR route at the park.... i filled up my bottles at the 2nd toilet and did some stretching and squatting.. i could feel the pain and tiredness of my legs now... maybe i rest too long inside the toilet... when i started to run, my legs were stiff and aches.. i looked at my watch.. i had ran for 3hr 20 plus mins... not sure how long i could last... then i saw someone familiar running towards me.. it's my sec sch fren Yongyi.. haha we hi-bye and cont'd on.. I told Yuen.. think i can't make it any longer.. will be ending at Esplanade and take a bus back... i was dragging my leg all the way.. when i finally reached esplanade and stopped, boths sides of my knees were like pinched by many needles... my clocked time 3:42mins.... and i quickly do some stretching and got a can of 100 plus.. before taking bus 195 back to club... on the bus ride.. after alighting, i vomited some yellowish fluids out and felt much better... most of the runners had completed their run, and all agreed tt the heat was unbearable... i was treated with juicy watermelons and 100 plus.. Thanks to Yean and Adam :)

    I was glad to try out the distance and from today's run, it was like a trial to me on how i could handle it for the actual day.. :)

    Distance covered: 33km __ Timing: 3:42:01

    2 Comments:

    • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Tekko said…

      Hi nice meeting too. Didn't manage to say hi at the 3rd sgrunners meeting

       
    • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Jaime said…

      hi tek ko,
      nice to see ya too :) did u go for the run @ Marina yesdae? saw tiwazz, brokie, bee, Sotong, Dream and some sgrunners too :)

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home