• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, January 17, 2006

    Sunday Loooonnng Run

    Date: 15.01.2006

    I reached club super early today.. brought 2 cartons of isotonic drinks to the club.. We have a big grp of runners today.. total 19 of us.. Freddy n his son will be supporting us for the run..

    Wow finally the sky is clear today and my sports shoes wun be wet!! haha.. After all the briefing from Ong, we started promptly at 7.45am... I have a running companion today.. Divey :) Today's route is CLub-Depot Rd-Portsdown-Dover-Clementi Rd- Ulu Pandan Canal- Commonwealth- Alexandra Rd- Telok Blangah Way- Kampong Bahru- MF- Telok Blangah Rise- Club... estimated abt 32km...

    I knew I couldn't do that far.. so will just try my best to see how far I could go.. I was panting moderately when I reached Portsdown.. Wong, Anthony n DO waited for us at the exit of Portsdown.. Andre, divey n I had a short toilet break at Esso Station at Dover while the rest went ahead.. Not sure is it the water I drank.. I got a bad stomach cramp when I reached Clementi Road junction.. i went slow behind Divey n Andre.. I can't give up now.. else they would lost their way.. 2 more km to the 1st water pt at the end of the Canal.. I looked forward to the next marker at the pavement of the running track.. counting down in mind to divert my attention.. haha so glad to see Freddy n Benson.. i had a nice cool H2O.. very tempted to stop here... but I can't... Andre ended his run and told us he will be talking train back home.. so left Divey n me.. At Commonwealth, I told Divey abt my cramps and told here that I will be going quite slow.. so I briefly guide her the route so she can go ahead 1st .. Lucky the route was quite easy from Canal to Alexandra.. I bought a bottle of H2O at Shell Petrol n felt much better..

    Divey was waiting for me at the 2nd water pt.. Opp PSA.. the weather was quite hot.. I had my drink n asked Divey to carry on.. I feel bad to let her wait fo rme so many times... I followed a distance behind her.. until she turned up to Telok Blangah Rise.. I went straight ahead and Ong caught up with me from behind.. from the way he run.. could see that he was quite tired already... Kumaran came up shortly after.. and I saw Divey at the Mosque.. Ong led them back to the club.. wow it's really a home sweet home feeling when I reached the club.. haha

    Distance covered: 23km __ Timing: 2:22:55

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home