• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, November 22, 2005

    Shiok cum Shack out Run

    The weather was rainy for the whole day.. it was still drizzling when we gathered at the lobby.. today's route is Club-Delta canal-Ridley Park-Tanglin-Delta Canal-Club.. Alan Chao joined us just in time before we start.. Alan said surprisingly I was the oni gal today... I guess the rest skipped the run due to the rain...

    The group started off in a slow moderate pace in the beginning... I managed to keep within the group till Delta Canal.. when they have warmed up and sped off.. CM and Alan Chao waited for me.. haha enjoying their conversation while i tried to maintain a good pace.. it had been sometime since I can run "normally".. so far so good.. so i carried on.. by the time we reached the Republic poly junction, we saw the 1st group running up the slope and adam was waiting at the traffic lights...

    By the time we crossed the junctions, we already lost sight of the front group... Adam also led further away... on the way in to Ridley Park, I could feel my breathing gets abit heavier but still controllable.. so i was took a deep breathe in and slowly release out... Alan followed closely.. and my legs naturally stride out further and tried to keep pace with him... on the way out to tanglin road, Adam was abt 50m ahead.. haha very funny Alan tot i wanted to overtake Adam.. so he told me he will set pace for me.. i tried to follow him and could feel i was using more energy to catchup.. we managed to run beside adam after American embassy but oni for a short while.. cos Adam increased his pace faster and faster.. hahaha we tried to keep close... halfway thru Tanglin, my energy level was going lower and lower.. and panting faster and faster.... how i wish there is a traffic light for me to stop.. haha.. but no.. the nearest traffic light is at tiong bahru park.. kakaka... Alan slowed down for me and Cm said no need to catchup liao.. hahaha...

    My pace slowed down about 6min/km... When we reached the 2nd exit of Delta Canal, i told Cm "turn back from here".. he said adam in front... let's go to Delta road... I said"No no.. no breathe liao.." Alan laughed and said today's run very shiok.. no need to use energy... then Cm added on.. today I shld feel very honour to have one Elite runner and Cm with me all the way... hahaha i almost burst out laughing.. but really felt very gratifide to have them to pace me along the way.. it has been a long time since I had run like tt.. really test out my lungs and legs... and let me recall how to run faster... cos i seem to have lost tt feeling since i had my knee problems and always worried tt i might agitate them.. so always slow and caution... and also will never feel bored with their jokes along the way.. hahaha both are really good pacers! got chance must run along with them again :D

    I din wear my knee guard today.. and felt quite ok without much pain on my knee today... except for the lower back and buttock pain.. maybe the impact of the run.. tho can felt the shackness after the run... but very shiok to drain out!

    Distance covered: 11km __ Timing:1:07:00

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home